Pages

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Meet our newest addition - Tank!

Many of you from facebook noticed I was looking into getting a puppy for my now 3 year old Ayden! We couldn't have one in the old house but we can in our new home so we began to look. We really like labradors and huskies so we looked on Craisglist and checked to local shelters to see what they had. I didn't really want a new puppy because I don't have the time to train him even though itty bitty puppies are ad-or-ab-le! My hubby found a really sweet puppy in the Moore, OK Shelter. We went to take a look at him and he was just perfect and I really liked that he was a year old and already trained very well. He'd only been there about a week was already neutered so he was only $5.00. Can't really beat that.


He took right to my husband and our family. He needs no training and is super great with kids.

His name is Tank and he is an American Staffordshire Terrier also known as an Amstaff.

I have to admit I've never heard of these and we did do alot of research on them before we bought him.

They are great family dogs and do really well with children and are very tolerant of there pestering. They love to be part of the family! They are very playful and need lots of exercise so good thing we have a nice size back yard he can play in. They are very protective but super friendly too, loyal, intelligent and strong. He is a medium sized dog and won't get any bigger than he already is.

The history of this breed is quite interesting. If you'd like to read more you can on this offical web site for Amstaffs.

We love our new puppy and he couldn't be a more perfect pet for our family!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Do tell! Your comments are always exciting and encouraging.