Pages

Monday, April 11, 2011

McReady Oklahoma

So have you ever visited every McDonalds in your city in one week, every week for a month. Well that's just what my hubby and I are doing. I'm sure your thinking why in the world would you do that?

Explanation to follow :)

If you live in Oklahoma you know what time of year it is? It's storm season! Although we are in a drought I would love some rain minus the tornados.

My sweet hubby has been a volunteer for Oklahoma County Emergency Management for several years now and has his school background in Emergency Management. I'm glad he loves to volunteer but don't get so excited when I have to stay home with the kiddos and know he's out playing in the storms. I think he loves the adrenaline of it but most times he's in just at the Emergency Management Center on the radios keeping their guys safe!

This month is McReady Oklahoma. It's a program to help families be prepared in emergency situations especially during storm season.

My husband and I are helping out by setting up displays at most of the OKC metro- McDonalds (33 to be exact) and are in charge of keeping the displays stocked every week this month with information on sever weather preparedness.

If you'd like to know more about the program or get the weather preparedness info you can find it here 

If you'd like to see the exact information pamphlets or even download a kids activity you can get it here

BE prepared and BE safe! 

p.s. even though it's like a second job we've been having fun exploring the city as a family a few days during the week and eating a few french fries along the way ;)

1 comments:

Kristine Mullen said...

What a great way to serve! And, enjoy the french fries :).

Post a Comment

Do tell! Your comments are always exciting and encouraging.