Pages

Monday, January 25, 2016

Jan Mystery Create Along Reveal

Have you ever done a Create Along? 
I've done a few Crochet Create A-longs and they are so much fun! I've had never done a mystery one though and I have to say I absolutely loved it! 
What's a create along you say? Its a pattern we work up together in a big group. For instance, the one I participated in was a mystery! We got info such as yarn weight and gauge and how much we needed. All I had to do was choose the yarn and size to make. I got clues every few days for two weeks. So I had an on going  project which is kinda nice so I felt like I could work on it a little at a time. It was fun to guess what I was making too! 

The Create Along I participated in was hosted by the wonderful Melody's Makings! She has a fabulous group of crochet and knitters. They are helpful and fun to share your projects and ideas with! It truly is a special group! I love that she has  Crochet & Knit versions of her create alongs too! It was hard for me to decide which one to do. I actually started both but ultimately worked on the knit version instead. 

I decided to use Lion Brand Hometown USA in the color way Portland Wine. Purple is my favorite and I had two skeins. 
So I only had to pick up one extra.

Clue #1- After the 1st clue I had no idea what I was making! I enjoyed making the cables though. 
 

Clue #2 - Still wasn't sure what it was going to be but liking my results so far. 

Clue #3- ta-da I knew what it was as we formed a bonnet and started adding to it. 


Clue #4 - All Done! I love this. I made the Adult version which fits me fine but My daughter looooves it more and she wants to wear it. She asked me to make a matching one for her dolly too. 
 I ran out of purple on the bind off. So I decided I'll add some accents in grey. The hood is big for her but I have a solution. I'm going to add a pull string in grey around the hood and big pom poms on the ends! I just haven't had time to add those on just yet! Aren't the cables lovely on this! I enjoyed making this with super bulky yarn too! It's so warm and cozy and pretty quick to make for knitting. 
Knit Cable Hooded Cowl

It was a wonderfully written pattern and
 such a fun mystery create along! 

Melody is actually hosting another one next month and I'm totally going to join in! It's called the Wisteria Create Along and there will be a crochet & knit version! I love the name of this and I have no idea what it will be but I just now it's going to be great and sounds like it will be a great project! I just need to pick out some yarn.

Will  you join the fun with me! Just click below for full details! There is all kinds of fun with this and I know it will be amazingly done by Melody's Makings! You won't regret it! 


Have fun!! 



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Do tell! Your comments are always exciting and encouraging.